September 01, 2012

Where we spread joy and found joy this week...

This week was the first full week of my kids back in school. It is always bittersweet for me when they go back to school because I miss them being here but I know they are where they are suppose to be. I have yet to write my "About Me" section that tells you where the Go Spread Joy came from. It started when my husband and I felt led to send our kids to public school. We felt led to send them into the community where God had placed us to spread joy to those who might not know Jesus. How they have done that ten-fold and we are always amazed at how God continues to stretch us to do the same.

So as this blog develops I would like to share each week how we have gone and spread joy or how we have witnessed it being spread to us. So here is one of my favorite ones this week. Kathryn is our middle daughter and she started 5th grade this year. Fifth grade is a new school where our district combines all 5 elementary schools into one school. So the chances of you getting friends from your elementary is slim to none. We had hoped, we had prayed she would get someone she knew. Well God had a different plan. She got no one she knew well in her class or lunch period. She is a two friend kind of girl so this was going to be hard. She began to get to know two girls in her class and by the end of this week she already had a play date with each of these new friends. Most importantly, I was brave enough to take my "Go Spread Joy" motto to heart and call one of the girls mothers not even knowing her name. Now this little girl will attend the bible study I am going to lead for Kathryn and her friends and the mom will attend the prayer group I help lead for the schools. GOD IS SO GOOD and his timing is always right. This mom was so thankful I called and reached out. There is my Go Spread Joy moment for the week.

Here are a few of our moments from the past week and a half that I am thankful for:

Daddy and little man before the first day of school.

First day of school with the girls. Yes it was dark because they catch the bus at 6:45 am.

One of my favorite things to do spread joy to my kids with
special treats when they get home.


Emma today noticed that the trellis this clematis is growing on is from a
bench they sat on when they were toddlers.
I love how Mark is training this new vine to grow up,
just as God is training us to grow up in Him.


As Kathryn and I sat on the back porch last night we saw a Blue Moon.
Kathryn finds joy in creation...thanks God for this after a long week.

Thanks for stopping by to see how we are Spreading Joy,
Shari

 




No comments:

Post a Comment