June 30, 2012

Summer Spontaneity

I love summer for how we have more time on our hands to just be spontanious. I am thankful for my husband because he is continually teaching me how to be spontanious which is something that is not as natural for me. So when he called at noon yesterday and said, "I am off and do you want to go up to Michigan?" I actually said YES! Michigan is one of our families favorite spots to escape too. My in-laws have a house on the lake and it makes for one of the most relaxing not too far places to go. When I see a sunset over the lake I cannot help to stop and thank God for all he has done on that day for me. His mercies are new every day and when I see the waves and place my toes in the sand I feel closer to Him. Amazingly my troubes just wash away in the waves. Why does this suprise me because He has taught me over the years that if I am thankful and live confidently in Him that I will overflow with joy.

Great is my confidence in you; great is my boasting on your behalf.
I am filled with comfort; I am overflowing with joy in all our affliction. 2 Corinthians 7:4

We were surprised at what we got to witness with this unplanned trip. My in-laws had recently bought a catamaran. How do you get catamaran onto the shore for use when you do not have a dock near-by? Well the pictures tell the story. I was so impressed with the creativity that was used and how they worked as a team.

Yes they brought it down the dune with a pulley. It was incredible to witness. I look forward to being able to sail on the lake with this. So thankful for the experiences we have at the lake!


The kids are simply daring when we are here and able to unplug from the world and just be free. I am amazed at how the temperature of the lake never stops them from getting in the water.


Thank you to my sweet husband for teaching me how to be spontanious and to my in-laws for allowing us to invade! I look forward to being reminded of all I am to be thankful for while away from the busy suburban life.


Thank you for stopping by to catch our joy...Shari

1 comment:

  1. I'm a huge Lake Michigan fan, myself, so I know the feeling of looking at the lake and seeing God's creative, awesome hand! So glad you could drop everything and go. Being spontaneous takes work! :-) At least for me!

    ReplyDelete